VeriSign demands website takedown powers

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 11 20:40:02 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Marc Perkel <marc at churchofreality.org>wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Alex. I have some mixed feeling about this as I am
> someone who wears two hats. So I'll throw the delema out there and see what
> you all think.

You are welcome.

> First - as the founder of the Church of Reality and a former employee of
> the Electronic Frontier Foundation (sys admin - not lawyer) I and a fierce
> defender of free speech and due process, keeping the hands of governments
> off the Internet. The Internet is actually considered a holy object in the
> Church of Reality as it is the central factor driving human evolution
> allowing us to evolve into something that increases our chances of long term
> survival, so we can continue to exist. If you fail to continue to exist then
> you are no longer part of reality.

> Just wondering if it would be useful to have some sort of discussion about
> this for the sake of clarity.

I read your "First" along question no. "*2 - With MOBILE CONNECTIVITY many
of us are living a life that is “always on” or “hyperconnected.” Some people
even say the Internet is an extension of our brains and we are becoming
cyborgs – human-computer beings. How does being connected online all the
time change us as humans?* "
http://www.elon.edu/e-web/predictions/igf_2011/default.xhtml*
*