Question 6: New gTLD program

Nuno Garcia ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET
Wed Oct 5 15:45:25 CEST 2011

Hi all.

I don't have a strong opinion on this. The motivation for opening new
gTLDs should be of interest and discussion, not the gTLDs by
themselves.

As someone pointed out here, many users don't even remind the address
of a specific website, only the keywords that work for them in a
specific search engine.

Now a different issue may rise if a gTLD is not approved by the wrong
reasons, or if one reaches the conclusion that too many gTLDs is
prejudicial to the Internet Community (as I once read). But from my
point of view, this is only so if it allows the users to be confused
(e.g. .pt and .por - simple off the tips of my fingers example). In
this particular case, unless all domains under .pt were to me migrated
to under .por also, I would oppose to such gTLD.

Warm regards,

Nuno Garcia