NCSG input on request for special privileges for Red Cross & International Olympic Committee regarding Internet domains

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Oct 5 15:20:32 CEST 2011

I agree completely with this.  I see no reason to add _any_ reserved names.
In fact I think the push should be to remove names from the reserved list.  Recently all sort of geographical and other names have been added to protected status of one sort or another.
In fact other than perhaps, test and example, I see no reason for most of the names on the reserved list to be there. i think other mechanisms could be used to block them from being (mis)used.

adding reserved names seems to me to be a really bad idea.

avri