Question 4: role of NCSG representative or chair

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 3 15:42:45 CEST 2011

Hello,

the role of councillor is to represent the diversity of group like NCSG
within the council and try to bring the point of view and positions shaped
by the group. he/she also need to bring issues to the attention of NCSG
members and engage them as he/she follow closely topics discussed within
GNSO.

Councillors have some preference for some topics than others (hopefully we
have a group of councillors with diverse background) allowing them to take
the lead for that and initiate actions like drafting response for public
comment or drafting motion.

for accountability, it is important for councillors to explain the position
that he/she needed and to be transparent about them, this through either in
ML or in the NCSG policy call where we usually discuss the topics in table
for GNSO council calls or meetings. in addition to that, the decisions are
made and coordinated through discussion with other fellow-councillors and
PC. the members can question any time the councillor and ask for
clarification or demand request them to raise specific issues.

Rafik