Question 7: Registrars

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 3 15:00:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

I think that the issue that the ICANN community is not allowed to attend the
negotiations  between ICANN and registrars about RAA and give its
observations while the RAA define the duties and responsibilities of
registrars and represent a main agreement within ICANN. that is a
transparency issue which need to be fixed and it is necessary to allow ICANN
community to participate in the process and we need to find a modus operandi
or compromise to avoid the blocking situation.

for change, maybe with constant pressure form Law Enforcement Agencies, it
is important to include strict guidelines  and duties about privacy and
human rights to be implemented by  registrars, maybe to get some inspiration
from GNI guidelines http://www.globalnetworkinitiative.org, maybe ICANN
itself should follow those guidelines.

Rafik