Issues in this election

Alain Berranger alain.berranger at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 2 16:49:26 CEST 2011

Dear Dan,

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive response and development on the benefits
of using an hosting service.

I have used Google mail for quite some time now and realize that my content
is not private if only because of the mining-for-ads feature... I was
attracted by - and really like - the very very efficient spam blocking
capacity of google.mail as well as its email storage and search capacity (I
like not having to file my emails for instance but don't know if anybody
does that anymore, but have seen  in my working days how many people wasted
so much time doing that!). Also, being retired with limited income, I find
it an easy and cheap solution and of course I do not use gmail for sensitive
issues or confidential purposes. Finally, I like the ease of access when out
of my home and not having to carry a notebook around when travelling.

That said I would prefer to have my email on a more private channel than
gmail and welcome your suggestions if you have a moment.

In relation to that and also of relevance to my running for NCSG elections,
I'm pleased to report that yesterday, I was elected for 3 years to the Board
of Directors of CECI - see http://www.ceci.ca/en/, the largest international
not for profit cooperation NGO in Quebec. I am hoping they will set up an
email account for me, but don't know yet if it is a practice of theirs.

Again, thanks for your response and I am loooking forward to continued
dialogue, time permitting for all, as I and other candidates answer the 7
questions put to all of us.

Best, Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA