NCUC elections for Chair and EC

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Tue Nov 15 20:30:32 CET 2011

On 15 Nov 2011, at 13:50, Milton L Mueller wrote:

>> There is no record at all for 2009/2010 when you and I were appointed, at
>> which time I think the Robin was still chair  and in the record that exists for
>> 2011, I find no discussion of the NCSG roles at all.
>>

> OK, so now you admit that you were appointed in the same way, but waited until now to make an issue of it.
>
> You may not find any discussion because the list serving the NCUC EC changed (once, maybe even twice) during that period.

Actually there seems to be a complete set of email for 2011, just not before.
It is just that the address for accessing its archive was only made available in the last few weeks.

> I recall it was discussed on our monthly phone calls, which are open. Probably also at the constituency meetings at ICANN. The biggest issue was always finding someone courageous or stupid enough to take on the additional work. So let's move on and discard your pretense that you are exposing bad people and deliberately bad practices.

I am exposing practices that appear to be bad.  It was also not until I we finally for the archive made available and I was able to talk to people in Dakar, that I realized the NCUC EC had not been consulted in the matter of NCSG nominations and appointments.    So the information about the lack of transparency only became apparent to me once I was out of office.

It is others who get into appraisals of people being bad or  having bad faith or pretending or being annoying or … .    I have no pretense I need to discard, despite the repeated ad hominem accusations of such.

I am discussing events and process and hoping we can for make sure future events are transparent and accountable.

Cheers,

avri