Question about NCUC faq relating to membership

Dan Krimm dan at MUSICUNBOUND.COM
Fri Nov 11 23:28:32 CET 2011

I agree.  To me the operative phrase (quoted from below) is:

  "Constituencies are comprised of NCSG members with voting rights"

To me this means that constituencies draw only from the pool of SG voting
members for their own membership, as far as SG participation is concerned.
 The SG is the authority regarding SG participation, and no constituency
can usurp that authority independently.

So any entity that is granted "membership" in a constituency without going
through the SG membership process is nevertheless not a member of the SG
and has no automatic right to participate in SG activities.  The
constituency membership process does not *replace* the explicit SG
membership process.

I always assumed constituency membership was "nested inside" the SG
membership.  It would make no sense to me for it to be otherwise.

Dan

--
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author alone and
do not necessarily reflect any position of the author's employer.