Notes from NCSG-EC Teleconference on 8 November 2011

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Fri Nov 11 03:29:06 CET 2011

Dear Robin,

Thank you for this report.

I have questions related to the following.

On 10 Nov 2011, at 18:11, Robin Gross wrote:

> Completed NCSG Membership applications should be submitted by the Applicant to the email address join-ncsg at ipjustice.org for consideration by the entire NCSG Executive Committee.
>
> NCSG-NCUC Membership application forms are available on the NCSG wiki (for individuals and for organizations).
>
> Members of the NCSG-EC have 2 weeks to conduct the required due diligence on the applications (more flexible if a holiday).
>
> Decisions to approve membership applications require the full consensus of the voting members of the NCSG Executive Committee (NCSG Charter 2.4.2).

As you know the charter says the following (2.2.10)

"It is the responsibility of the NCSG Chair to insure that there is a working online application mechanism. This application must include provision for the applicant to agree to abide by the written rules and regulations, including charters and ICANN bylaws, of the NCSG and terms and conditions laid down by it."

It was my regret that one of my failures in the Interim chair role was making a proper online form available. I was wondering do you consider the form people download as the fulfillment of the online form requirement?  I had thought it meant a form one could fill out onllne, very much the way the one used for NCUC works.

Also, the form does not include a requirement for an applicant indicating their willingness to abide "by the written rules and regulations, including charters and ICANN bylaws, of the NCSG and terms and conditions laid down by it."

Finally I recommend edits be made to the text in the FAQ making it more specific to the NCSG.

avri