Seeking your comments: GNSO and ccNSO topics

Kerry Brown kerry at KDBSYSTEMS.COM
Thu Nov 10 15:23:08 CET 2011

I have to disagree somewhat with this. You are painting all ccTLD's with the same brush. As a director of CIRA who manage the .ca ccTLD I can say that CIRA listens to all stakeholders and takes their views into account when creating policy. I know many other ccTLDs do as well. Of course many don't as they are either run more like a commercial  gTLD or closely controlled by the state. I think overall you'll find the ccTLDs are very diverse with many different governance models. It is very hard to make generalizations because of this.

Personally I would like to see increased interaction between all the ICANN councils, constituencies, and stakeholders. That I think most of us agree on.

Kerry Brown