NCUC agenda => NCSG Interest Groups

Wendy Seltzer wendy at SELTZER.COM
Mon Nov 7 00:32:27 CET 2011

On 11/06/2011 05:38 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
> On 7 Nov 2011, at 00:11, David Cake wrote:
>
>> What are being suggested now are more like informal working groups.

That's what I'm hearing and suggesting.

> Though I thought we were putting a lot of pressure on having
> substantive conversations on the Discuss list.  Now we are talking
> about needing to remove discussions from the discuss list to protect
> the non-intersted.  Sort of confusing.

As I see it, we need a way to identify people interested in and willing
to take responsibility for particular issue areas; and a place for them
to discuss those issues. I'd be happy to see us use the ncsg-discuss
list for discussion (perhaps with a subject-matter tag), and the ning
site or a wiki to keep track of member interest and identify discussion
leaders. How's that for lightweight and yet effective?

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org +1 914-374-0613
Fellow, Yale Law School Information Society Project