listservs

Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU
Wed Nov 23 17:26:58 CET 2011

While it's great to see an increasing number of participants on this list and definitely a good thing that more members are participating in active policy discussions, I'm afraid that some of the substantive discussions are getting lost amongst the number of emails related to procedural matters. Taking up Judy's and Nicolas' points, why not keep this NCSG-Discuss list as the main forum for policy discussions, and have an NCUC-only list for housekeeping, administrative, procedural and other internal NCUC matters?

This could be the way to go also should more constituencies emerge. I understand Bill's and others' concerns about fragmentation and a possible risk that people might tend to take policy discussions to their constituency list rather than this SG list, but if there is consensus that (1) a constituency list should be used only for administrative issues and, where applicable, formulating a constituency position on issues that will and must be transmitted to the SG list prior to external publication; and (2) each constituency list is publicly archived/accessible, would that risk not be minimized somewhat?

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH 03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage: http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584
As of August 30, 2010, Franklin Pierce Law Center has affiliated with the University of New Hampshire and is now known as the University of New Hampshire School of Law. Please note that all email addresses have changed and now follow the convention: firstname.lastname at law.unh.edu. For more information on the University of New Hampshire School of Law, please visit law.unh.edu