[NCUC charter] Update of charter

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Tue Nov 22 18:21:55 CET 2011

The NCUC charter will have to be amended in order to comply with the NCSG charter. Given the time between the passage of the NCSG charter and the time for the NCUC elections, there was simply no time to amend the charter at this stage. I would suggest the new chair to produce any amendments to the charter in compliance with the NCSG one and submit it for a vote to the whole membership - not the EC. And, I like the idea of a working group working on this as a possible way to go amending the charter. But, the amended version of the charter should go to the whole membership for a vote.

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA
UK
tel: +44 (0)141 548 4306
http://www.routledgemedia.com/books/The-Current-State-of-Domain-Name-Regulation-isbn9780415477765
Selected publications: http://hq.ssrn.com/submissions/MyPapers.cfm?partid=501038
Website: www.komaitis.org

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Τρίτη, 22 Νοεμβρίου 2011 5:05 μμ
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [NCSG-Discuss] [NCUC charter] Update of charter

On 22 Nov 2011, at 09:27, Amr Elsadr wrote:

> Shouldn't this be clearly explained in the NCUC charter?

Probably should be.

I think there are a number of things that need to be amended in the charter because of requirements in the NCSG charter.   So this and other issues could possibly be included in an updated NCUC charter.

Is this this something that should be done by the NCUC Chair?  The NCUC EC? A NCUC charter working group? The NCUC membership?

I hesitate to have an opinion on this, but I am wondering if the powers that be have decided how this will be done.

thanks

avri