listservs

nhklein nhklein at GMX.NET
Tue Nov 22 16:56:15 CET 2011

Hi All,

sorry, I have been involved in ICANN since 1999, but some of the recent
discussions on this list seem to say that I am no longer in this world.
My difficulties to follow these discussions relate to the fact that
these different lists were a place "where we met" and discussed common
concerns, in spite of the fact that we are spread around the globe (with
some obvious "cultural" regions more dominant than others.

>> I think you are missing Judy's point. She is saying*she wishes to stay involved and informed, without the debates.*  A well curated announce list is the only solution. Working in harmony with the confluence as a reference.

This idea cuts me completely off from our common history of many years -
*to be involved and informed without the debates???*

*To be involved did mean to participate in the debates* (and even if it
meant to share some observation or thoughts only very occasionally).

And *how to be informed without observing the continuously on-going
debates among us, the "bottom-up membership"?* I think this was never
possible in the past.

But there is obviously a climate change happening (not only in the
physical atmosphere) by a new use of limited resources. And there is
quite some concern that the climate change may have quite destructive
effects, if it does not get under considerate control.

Norbert Klein

--
A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia