[NCUC elections] NCUC EC NA nomination

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Tue Nov 22 14:54:35 CET 2011

On 22 Nov 2011, at 05:02, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:

> I cannot, but as a Brazilian-Canadian, I would if I could second as well.
>
> :)

Hi,

I don't know if the above was a just joke, or whether there is some sort of restriction on  the region a person could nominate, second (assuming we have the practice of seconding, thirding, +1ing) or vote in.  I.e. can we only nominate, +1 or vote in our regions?  And if so, how is that done?

In seems natural that we might, but I did not think we did.  Does NCUC vote in regions?  Can an NCUC member only vote for their regional representative?  I don't remember how previous NCUC ballots have been set up.

Also since we seemed doomed to elections with just one candidate, will there be an option of voting 'none' that will be counted?

Thanks

avri