KASWESHA APPLICATION

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 17 18:24:04 CET 2011

On 11/17/11, David Cake <dave at difference.com.au> wrote:
> I see a rule in the charter that an organisation should be the exclusive
> user of at least one domain name. I see no restriction that this domain name
> be non-commercial. The domain name http://www.kaswesha.kbo.co.ke/ clearly
> resolves to ' a website controlled by and representing the Member
> Organization', thus satisfying requirement 2.2.1.2.2 of the charter.
>
> So the problem McTim is worrying about here appears to be due to a
> misapprehension. The Kaswesha domain name looks to satisfy the membership
> requirement to me.

I based it on the ruling, not the charter:

"These 3 orgs were determined ineligible for NCSG membership:
	1.  Kaswesha Community Resource Center
Reason provided for non-approval: Not the exclusive user of at least
one domain name (a requirement for eligibility under NCSG Charter
Section 2.2.1).
They were invited to re-apply when they have a noncommercial domain name."

I agree that they should be let in the club!

--
Cheers,

McTim