KASWESHA APPLICATION

David Cake dave at DIFFERENCE.COM.AU
Thu Nov 17 17:24:42 CET 2011

I see a rule in the charter that an organisation should be the exclusive user of at least one domain name. I see no restriction that this domain name be non-commercial. The domain name http://www.kaswesha.kbo.co.ke/ clearly resolves to ' a website controlled by and representing the Member Organization', thus satisfying requirement 2.2.1.2.2 of the charter.

So the problem McTim is worrying about here appears to be due to a misapprehension. The Kaswesha domain name looks to satisfy the membership requirement to me.

I thank Milton for his explanation of the reason for the domain name application, and its origins in the deep differences between the GNSO and ALAC mission.

Cheers

David