FW: Proposal for leadership group to support CEO succession and input/360 Group proposal

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Thu Nov 17 12:52:44 CET 2011

FYI

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA
UK
tel: +44 (0)141 548 4306
http://www.routledgemedia.com/books/The-Current-State-of-Domain-Name-Regulation-isbn9780415477765
Selected publications: http://hq.ssrn.com/submissions/MyPapers.cfm?partid=501038
Website: www.komaitis.org<http://www.komaitis.org>

From: Marilyn Cade [mailto:marilynscade at hotmail.com]
Sent: Τρίτη, 15 Νοεμβρίου 2011 11:08 μμ
To: Lesley Cowley; Byron Holland; Konstantinos Komaitis; Amber Sterling; David Maher; Mason Cole; Matt Serlin; Tony Holmes; Steve Metalitz; ocl at gih.com; Heather Dryden; Paul Wilson; John Curran
Subject: Proposal for leadership group to support CEO succession and input/360 Group proposal

Dear colleagues
During the ICANN Dakar Session with the ICANN Board Committee charged with recruitment and selection of the next CEO/President of ICANN, I made a short proposal, and was invited by George Sadowsky, Chair of the Selection Committee to elaborate on that proposal.

Today, I submitted the attached proposal to the email provided for community input. I invite your consideration of this idea and if you are supportive, would welcome discussion of any improvements, or changes to the proposal. I cannot speak for your community, but I hope you will give consideration to such a contribution to support ICANN.

I am privileged to serve as the Chair of the BC of the GNSO at this time.  This proposal is provided as an individual elected leader, and not on behalf of the BC.  However, the business community, in general, believes that the Board selection committee would benefit from an improved understanding of the broader ICANN community's expectations.  Clearly, in the end, the decision rests with the Board itself.  This proposed working group will not, and should not change that. But, it provides an important feedback loop that presently seems lacking.

I would welcome any feedback or comments.

As noted, I made it clear that this is not a group proposal, but I would hope that it would gain your support.

Please note that I also proposed some additional functions, none of which should be significantly time consuming.

Paul/John: might I ask you to share with your counterparts?

Marilyn Cade