Internet Freedom

Mohab Altlaity compeng.mohab at YAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 20 12:09:50 CET 2011

Thank you all for your contribution  ..
I was discussing this issue with a friend "Lisa" who asked me if i'm speaking
from a law perspective or from a technical perspective ..

For me, i think we should work in parallel in both directions ..

From law perspective
For ICANN, we can deal with that through GAC or something ..  we may push
towards an agreement regarding this issue ..

I believe that ICANN can help a lot in that ..

ICANN can oppose some constrains on the registrars, and the registries ...

i believe that ICANN can do a lot "if they wanted to :) "...

But,
even if we have the agreements and the laws, some regime systems will pay pass
those laws .. of course the laws and the agreements are important to limit that
from happening .. but, still it can happen ..

So, we need also to find a technical solution ...

>From a technical perspective .. ICANN can encourage private sectors to work
together finding a solution ...

For me as a computer engineer, i can start a search to find a technical solution
for this issue, but i need a sponsor and a wide support ...

The social communities can fight for the Internet freedom .. but if they are
dealing with a regime systems they will not be enough to end that!

	* So, I believe, we need to start pushing towards an agreement between all the
countries "we may ask for the UN or ITU help" ...
	* In the same time, gather some private sectors to start a research to find a
technical solution ..

 Mohab Mohammad Altlaity
Embedded SW Engineer,
VIAS Egypt -Valeo Interbranch Automotive Software.
http://www.valeo.com

Mobile: 0106938463