Internet Freedom

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Sat Mar 19 23:44:34 CET 2011

Thanks Dan for a well thought out contribution to this thread.

ISOC-NY President David Solomonoff has written about some of the pitfalls:

http://www.bloggernews.net/126134

Internet freedom initiatives must be independent of political connotations,
run on a decentralized infrastructure, and use technology that is subject to
public review by security experts. Most importantly, users must have
complete trust in the skills and integrity of the people providing those
tools and services.
If they don’t the cure could prove worse than the disease.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Dan Krimm <dan at musicunbound.com> wrote:

> I am reading these appeals from Mohab and Hago with genuine empathy, and
> yet some concern.  The short answer is that in the end there is no silver
> bullet, yet there may be smaller opportunities for advancement to be
> discovered and exploited along the way.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com