Internet Freedom

Rudi Rusdiah rusdiah at RAD.NET.ID
Fri Mar 18 03:04:36 CET 2011

probably it is a cycle or history repeat ... 11 years ago in Indonesia
was first hit by asian economic crisis... then become multidimensional
crisis... because of protests and demonstrations on the street and
parliament innitiated by university students on the street... resulted
the Soeharto cabinet was toppled down... the week after soeharto visited
Mubarak in Egypt.

internet played also some roles... because during the crisis only thru
email dan mailing list we can received underground or uncensored news...
we also survived because internet gave us valued informations...so we
knew what to do financially...

now internet is more populer so it must give a bigger impact... and
probably wikileaks is the appetizer to all what is going on in middle
east... ? cmiiw... regards, rudi rusdiah - apwkomitel (indonesia)
----