ICANN Responds to GAC

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Mon Mar 7 03:04:57 CET 2011

Hi,

I have no real issue with the GAC being able to object without paying a fee as long the applicant does not have to pay a  fee to respond to the objections.

The application fee is so obscenely high and padded with a fortune in 'insurance' against possible litigation (i guess close to 100K or the 185K ) that I think the program in general can cover the fees for the making of and responding to Government objections and still be well within the guideline to be cost neutral to ICANN.  In fact I think ICANN is going to have to work had to have the program be cost neutral as opposed to profitable.

a.