Thoughts about Internet Freedom

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 6 14:54:57 CET 2011

Hi Alex, et all,

> There is no doubt that the Internet is so far the single greatest
> invention by man.

With all due respect I disagree, there are many other inventions and
achievements by man which without them there would be no Internet.

Some thoughts are interesting and well intended, but to develop a
better ground to analyze some of these issues we need to strip
ourselves of the government control fobia.

The Internet is just a communication service or tool, what people do
with it its what makes it different.

My biggest concern is that the new gTLD program continue to be flawed
because it will not provide additional competition and equal access,
not only we are spending an incredible amount of resources, we are
enabling particular sectors to control and do governance by proxy with
ICANN and there is no fair balance on the benefits where companies, IP
holders and governments get with this program.

IMHO we are riding on a dead horse.

My .02
Jorge