Women involved in the DNS

Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU
Thu Mar 3 16:31:43 CET 2011

Karla Valente (ICANN Staff) organizes a "Women in the DNS" breakfast meeting at most ICANN meetings. The SF one will take place on Monday 14 March at 7 a.m. in the venue hotel (Westin St Francis) - I've attended a couple in the past and found them useful and a good way to meet other women working on DNS issues (from business managers to technical folks).

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH 03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage: http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584>>>

From: David Cake <dave at DIFFERENCE.COM.AU>
To:<NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at listserv.syr.edu>
Date: 3/3/2011 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [] Fwd: Updated DSSA  list of GNSO volunteers
At 2:08 PM -0500 2/3/11, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
>No objections to David or the other volunteers, but do we have any women
>who'd like to get more involved in the security and stability issues?

I've noticed the same issue, and it is a broader one than NCSG.
Check out the gender balance for applications for the SSR Review team
http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/affirmation/review-2-applications-en.htm
(21 applicants, 100% male). The only women involved in the
SSR team are Alice Munyua as GAC appointee, and Alice Jansen as staff
liason.
Regards
David