LEAs and Internet governance institutions (was: How to achieve more community involvement in selecting topics at ICANN meetings & speakers?)

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at INTERNETGOVERNANCE.ORG
Wed Mar 23 02:18:57 CET 2011

I'd like to point out that the close interaction that Robin points out
between LEAs and Internet governance institutions is not limited to ICANN.
 Please see this recent article examining the flourishing relationship
between LEAs and the Regional Internet Registries <
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20110319_2nd_annual_ripe_ncc_lea_meeting_cooperation_unfolds/>

Of course, this is not all doom and gloom. It is encouraging to hear that
LEAs are being told to participate in the "bottom up" policy making
processes of the RIRs.   However, as Robin notes, agenda setting and framing
of policy debates are just as important.  Any objective, truly
"multistakeholder" Internet governance institution will ensure all sides are
represented.

Best,

Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project