some links to video from ICANN San Francisco

DeeDee Halleck deedeehalleck at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 22 20:03:38 CET 2011

I've put a bunch of short clips up on youTube.
Just some moments I happened to catch at the NCUC meeting and beyond.

I had left my main camera in Bolinas on the weekend while visiting my
nephew-- and was unable to retrieve it until I left SF.  So these were all
done on a $69 camera I bought at Target ( without a tripod, the small camera
is very hard to hold still!)  The lighting sucked and the sound went out
after about a minute of taping each time.
So I had to chose what was available.  I do have better material from
the Friday conference which I will post tomorrow.

Here's what's up so far:

Marc Rotenberg Pleads for Clear, Relevant Language for Consumers
i.e. the war against acronyms!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRsL8tUoiz8

Marc Rotenberg on the Goals of a Consumer Constituency
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-GIxSA1Rc

Robin Gross on Anonymity in US history
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou2hvtHrHOY

Rafik Dammak at the Town Hall on Tunisian Internet Use
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViOcn3etOSA

Dr, Amr El Sadr Speaks about Internet Use in Egypt (from the Town Hall)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPOdbAujDo

Thanks to you all for thought-provoking meetings. In the next few days I
will embed all of the clips and add some ruminations and documents on the
waves blog--

stay tuned.
--
http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org