NCSG & ALAC @ Singapore

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Thu Jun 9 14:39:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

If you can find a time and space, why not?  In principle I support it and will attend if I don't have a conflict.

Re the NCUC statement,  that depends on the today's vote.  If the g-council actually approves the new compromise motion, the NCUC, with possible NCSG endorsement, statement becomes superfluous.  Last week it would have been timely.   And to think I was giving up on the g-council as a place where any compromise was possible.

However, if the compromise motion fails then the statement of support of ALAC in this matter would still be a good idea.

As for the RAA I think we should work to resurrect the topic - I have never given up on it.  However,  we may want to try and talk to the RrSG as well.

I am trying, as per our discussion during the discussion on Monday, to set up a meeting between RrSG and NCSG.  Mason, their chair, is receptive, but the timing is difficult.   Tuesday in Singapore may not work, but we may try to get something else together for this first meeting later in the week.  Perhaps what might work is getting the two executive committees (and perhaps other interested members) to meet informally in Singapore to talk about how to communicate better and how to arrange something more for the next meeting.

a.