Results of the Chartering process

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sat Jun 25 00:02:15 CEST 2011

At the ICANN41 meeting, in addition to the major decisions regarding the new gTLD process the Board took several several decisions related to the the NCSG, the NPOC and the constituency process within the GNSO.

The specific Board resolutions:

- NPOC Charter
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-24jun11-en.htm#1.5
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-24jun11-en.htm#1.5.rationale

NPOC charter approved by the Board:
http://gnso.icann.org/improvements/npoc-charter-redacted-07dec10-en.pdf

I extend a welcome to NPOC as the first new constituency within GNSO since the beginning of  the GNSO.  Now that the NPOC has been created and according to the rules of the NCSG, each NCSG member is entitled to belong to three constituencies with the NCSG, I recommend that NCSG members take a look at the new constituency and see whether it is a fit and consider joining our new constituency.  Please note, that will all constituencies must adhere to the membership rules of the NCSG, Constituencies can imposes additional requirements - so membership in the NPOC or NCUC is still determined by the charters and membership of those constituencies.

- NCSG Charter
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-24jun11-en.htm#1.6
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-24jun11-en.htm#1.6.rationale

Charter that was approved by the Board
http://gnso.icann.org/improvements/proposed-ncsg-charter-05may11-en.pdf

According to our new charter, we now need to approve the new charter.  I will start that process as soon as possible.

- Constituency Recognition Process
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-24jun11-en.htm#1.7
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-24jun11-en.htm#1.7.rationale

Process:
http://gnso.icann.org/improvements/newco-recognition-process-10jan11-en.pdf

Now that a method for starting new Constituencies has been created, I suggest that the various interests within NCSG look at whether they wish to create any new constituencies within NCSG.  While the NCSG charter  dictates that council seats and the NCSG chair are elected by the NCSG membership at large, a lot of resources within the GNSO, such as Nomcom representation and representation on the various NCSG committees.

- The GNSO notification

Begin forwarded message: