NCSG Policy Principles

Maria Farrell maria.farrell at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 3 14:07:36 CET 2011

Hi Joy,

I think this is a terrific idea.

·         **Human rights: gTLD policy should meet human rights standards,
including transparency and the rule of law.****
I would like to see this also mention privacy and freedom of expression.
Perhaps, a reference to the specific human rights instruments we are
invoking would be a way to achieve this?

I would also like to see something expressing our philosophical support for
the open, peer to peer nature of the Internet. Though maybe this isn't
strictly within the purview of GNSO policy - I'm open to correction on
that, though I think it's a good way to anchor our overall view.

All the best, Maria