[NCUC Public Comment] Thick and Thin Whois Preliminary issues report

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sat Dec 24 21:00:18 CET 2011

Hi,

With the comment period ending on 30 December, I was wondering whether the NCUC-PC was working on a comment.
In my view, the main topics that need to be considered in the issues report are:

- Should all registries, incumbent and new, be subject to the same rules on Whois service?
- Are Thick and Thin the only two models that should be looked at when discussing the Whois service?
- What are the requirements for the Whois service that thick or thin are the solutions for?
- Given that all registries are subject to ICANN-consensus rules on Whois and given that the requirements for Thick Whois by new gTLDs was not established through PDP based ICANN-consensus, is the AGB rule that all new gTLDs be required to support Thick Whois a legitimate policy requirement?

avri