Fwd: NCSG vote

Ron Wickersham rjw at ITSMYINTERNET.ORG
Tue Aug 30 22:38:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Avri Doria wrote:

> -  The charter got 96 votes in favor.
> -  Recalling that there were 155 possible votes for this ballot.
> -  96 votes constitutes 61.9% of the eligible electorate.
>
> The charter has met the 60% threshold requirements for adoption by the NCSG and is now the Stakeholder Group's governing document.

Congratulations to all for the vote that confirms the position of the
membership of NCSG to influence the course of ICANN.   and THANKS to
Avri for the long struggle to get it thru the process and to make
it thru to a positive outcome in the vote.

I am surprised that the vote was this close and wonder why so many
individuals and organizations failed to fill in their ballot.  For
future on votes of this importance (an issue that would make/break
the exisistence of the NCSG) i would suggest we ask that paper
ballots be mailed to the eligible voters.  This is no small task or
expense, but pales with the expenses ICANN incurrs in holding the
board meetings around the workd and other routine expenses.

-ron