The charter adoption ballot [PLEASE VOTE PLEASE VOTE PLEASE VOTE]

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Mon Aug 15 18:26:27 CEST 2011

I didn't write these rules so don't really know how it "works", but I thought that if someone had participated on the NCSG email discussion list in the last year then they would be counted as "active" (i.e. that "checking-in" was not the only way to maintain eligibility to vote).  Can someone clarify this please?  Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,
Robin

On Aug 15, 2011, at 9:15 AM, William Drake wrote:

> Hi DeeDee,
>
> Right, you didn't respond to the check in message from Avri, related list messages, or private follow up (I wrote to you on 22 July).  So your name fell off the Active Members list.  And then the vote started.  So I guess it's too late for the charter vote, but you can be added to the Active list for the forthcoming election (for which you'd receive a numbered ballot with secret password etc).
>
> If, that is, the charter passes, and we are able to hold an election.  If we can't, we not only screw up civil society @ ICANN, but also cause problems for the GNSO Council, which inter alia is supposed to seat a new batch of members and elect new leadership in Dakar.  Could be quite a meeting for us...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill
>
> On Aug 15, 2011, at 6:05 PM, DeeDee Halleck wrote:
>
>> The problem is that when I did not respond to the "check in" I never received anything from tally at icann.org
>> I spend a good deal of time looking for a tally message, but I realize that it was the check in I needed.  And when I just today responded to the original "check in" message, I realize that Avri is on vacation.
>>
>> So how can I "check in" and get a ballot.
>> Moreover once I get a ballot (Avri sent a screen grab of one) what is the password and ballot number?
>>
>> I'm trying,
>> DeeDee
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:52 AM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Jorge
>>
>> On Aug 15, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>>
>>> Now that I'm back in my office and doing some research on the dates
>>> from the original messages and your message, I found that it is more
>>> or less the same time frame when I did some experiments with labels
>>> and started playing with Google+ and had issues with gmail, on top of
>>> that, early in August I started doing some email cleanup deleting
>>> folders and old emails, so there is a high probability that I lost or
>>> missed an important number of messages during that time frame.
>>>
>>> Now it makes more sense and I'm sorry I missed the check in request to
>>> contribute another vote for the Charter :-(
>>

>> Mail problems happen, and it's summer, which we knew would be an issue.  But a pity you're missing the charter vote; hopefully the forthcoming election vote can be different.
>>
>> Everyone,
>>
>> I hope the added caps in the subject line don't offend any sensibilities, but an astonishingly large number of people have not voted yet, including veteran NCUCers, designated organizational representatives, current and former elected Council members, people we've nominated or put onto working groups/review teams/Nomcom,  and on and on…This is really surprising and a serious problem.  As the numbers Avri shared earlier today indicate:
>>
>> On Aug 15, 2011, at 10:43 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> [...]

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org