Updated membership lists & the charter adoption ballot

Dan Krimm dan at MUSICUNBOUND.COM
Tue Aug 2 21:16:30 CEST 2011

On Tue, August 2, 2011 11:52 am, Avri Doria wrote:
> For this ballot to pass, 60% of all active votes must be in favor of
> adopting the charter.  At the time of this ballot, The NCSG has 155 votes
> recorded among active voters.  94 votes in favor will be required for the
> charter to be adopted.

Not to cause trouble or anything, just a couple of procedural questions:

Is the 60% a proportion of all active voters, or all votes cast (which
could be less)?  I'm guessing from your description it is 60% of active
*voters* (not votes cast), and even if "turnout" is less than 100% (of the
155), the charter still requires 94 votes in favor in order to be adopted,
regardless of how many total votes are cast.

What would happen in the charter process if there are less than 94 votes
in favor?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author alone and
do not necessarily reflect any position of the author's employer.