Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Wed Apr 27 03:09:32 CEST 2011

Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> * Singapore Meeting.
> ** How are we progressing toward meeting with the GAC to share thoughts
> and consensus points on issues of the public interest? Many of us were
> interested in joining this discussion.
>
> ** Meeting workshops: NCSG would like to be more involved with
> suggesting topics and panelists for the Singapore Meeting's general
> issue workshops, particularly the perpetual "Abuse of the DNS" workshop.
> Robin suggested issues of government seizure of domains at the registry.

In the UK the Open Rights Group has been asked to join a consultation with
Nominet (the UK ccTLD delegatee) on police requests for DNS
suspension/withdrawal procedures. This seems to be becoming a widespread
issue and not just confined to authoritarian unelected regimes (given the UK
government's recent history on governments of all types I had to put in the
"unelected" bit).

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/