Domain Name Front Running

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Fri Apr 1 20:52:22 CEST 2011

More information on GilroyFarmersMarket.com

Apparently Godaddy has a "hold" on the name and it's now part of and
auction where I can only buy it from Godaddy for $11.99 a year.

Tell me what this "hold" is that allows GoDaddy to apparently grab names
without actually buying them?

Here's the correspondence I had with the guy who registered it.

    Hey Marc,

    We're not sure the thought that went behind purchasing this specific
    name. We do know that the particular domain scout who purchased this
    domain approaches repetitive programs. In fact, since we agree with
    you that this is a very user friendly domain we've placed holds on
    several other territorial "FarmersMarket" domains that this domain
    scout owns and have facilitated the connection of ownership to the
    end user like yourself. I agree with you and feel that to reach
    maximum success with a territorial Farmers Market that your ".com"
    should be informational, non abbreviated, straight forward, and easy
    to remember. Seeing that you've contacted me I can promise that I
    will allow you first stab at this domain. I can contact the scout
    this afternoon, and expedite this exchange! I'll advise once i have
    more direction.

    Joey

    Begin forwarded message: