Domain Name Front Running

Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Fri Apr 1 06:49:43 CEST 2011

> This is the only place in the world named Gilroy. And I'm personally
> involved in registering a domain as part of a group that's starting up a
> farmers market here. At the time I checked the domain name it wasn't
> public knowledge there was going to be a farmers market. Nor what it
> public when the name was registered.
>
> The person who registered it lives in Alabama, 3000 miles from here.
> There is no way in Hell this is a coincidence.
>
> And it's not the first time it happened.

Hmm. http://www.localharvest.org/gilroy-farmers-market-M3757

Page last updated in 2001. Is this an earlier version of the same market
which stopped operating? Is it Gilroy in California you're talking about.

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/