Nominations for NCSG GNSO Council members

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Mon Oct 11 15:44:06 CEST 2010

Hi

Thanks for getting this started Avri.  Given everything on the Council's plate and the need to do pre-Cartagena planning, we're on a rather compressed and dense time line.  For my part, having put in the time and effort needed to get up to speed and be able to make a difference in the Council, I guess it'd make sense to see the process through for one more term if members so decide.  So I will stand for re-election, and will try to pull together a brief candidate statement in the days ahead.

Best,

Bill

On Oct 11, 2010, at 2:08 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The year, the first term for two of our members, William Drake and Mary Wong, are ending.
>
> We, therefore, need to elect 2 GNSO Council members.
>
> Today I am opening a nomination/self-nomination period that will last 2 weeks: until 24 October Midnight UTC.
>
> Please send nominations/self-nominations to this list.
>
> If it is a nomination, please include a few words about why the nominee would be a good choice for the NCSG and include whether you have confirmed the proposed nominee's willingness.
>
> I ask all self-nominees and those nominated by others to make a statement on their qualifications, their reasons for interest in serving as a council member and their plans for the term should they be elected.
>
> I will put an agenda item on our next meeting where the participants on the call can ask questions of the candidates.
>
> Thank you
>
> a.

William J. Drake
Senior Associate