Reveiw Team choices made

David Cake dave at DIFFERENCE.COM.AU
Mon Oct 4 09:13:59 CEST 2010

At 11:59 AM +0200 3/10/10, William Drake wrote:
>Hi
>
>On Oct 1, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
>
>>  http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-30sep10-en.htm
>
>Congratulations to our nominees David Cake (SSR) and Kim von Arx
>(WHOIS) on their appointments.

	I'm very grateful to the support given to me by the NCSG
through the process, and I look forward to representing NCSG. I'm
certainly appreciative of the support given to me so far, and I also
know that I am going to be very appreciative of any help or advice
anyone is able to offer me for the task ahead.

>  It's worth noting that the GNSO was only given three slots on the
>SSR team, and that David was selected instead of the registrar's
>candidate.

	I'm giving the credit for that one to geographic diversity,
which the selectors stated was a major factor in making the selection.

>   Happily, Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza, a Professor of business
>law in Brazil and recent NCSG Councilor, has agreed to step in and
>represent us despite the daunting end game work load, and the
>Selectors have encouraged the Council to endorse him, which is now
>pending and should work out (Councilors have until Wednesday 6th to
>object, but that'd be rather contrary to the basic political bargain
>on SG RT representation).  So assuming this goes off without a
>hitch, congratulations and thanks to Willie and Carlos as well.

	Congrats to Carlos (an excellent choice), and thanks for
Willie, who I gather has done a solid job on this. If either of you
have any advice for me, I'm listening!
	Regards
		David