U.S. Government Seizes BitTorrent Search Engine Domain and More

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at TELEMEDINT.NET
Sun Nov 28 12:25:43 CET 2010

Thanks for the link Rafik. The ICE website (http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1006/100630losangeles.htm) lists seven sites of which warrants were issued to seize their domain names:

"TVSHACK.NET, MOVIES-LINKS.TV, FILESPUMP.COM, NOW-MOVIES.COM, PLANETMOVIEZ.COM, THEPIRATECITY.ORG, and ZML.COM".

The source code of these pages is not the same as that of torrent-finder.com.

Amr Elsadr M.D.
Chief Operating Officer
Tele-Med International
http://www.telemedint.net
Tel: +2(023)534-6098
Fax: +2(023)534-6029

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-NCUC [mailto:NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Claude Almansi
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:43 AM
To: NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: U.S. Government Seizes BitTorrent Search Engine Domain and More

Thanks for the further info about a possible hoax, Rafik and Joly.

I had not seen <http://grandgood.com/2010/11/27/domain-name-seizures-of-popular-rap-file-sharing-sites-potentially-an-elaborate-hoax/>.
However, re the slashdot comment it quotes about the registration of
torrent-finder.com, I am not sure it  is pertinent: torrent-finder.com
has been about at least since Jan. 3, 2006, according to
<http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://torrent-finder.com>.

Best

Claude