NPOC Q&A Document

Rosemary Sinclair Rosemary.Sinclair at ATUG.ORG.AU
Tue Nov 9 21:16:43 CET 2010

Hi to all!

for me IPC is in the Commercial Stakeholder Group and Red Cross(and others) fit better into NonCommercial Stakeholder Group

I am also keen for NCSG to have big organisational members (with the support and resources one gets from being part of a big organisation) to deal with our resource/information asymmetry problem....

to be quite direct about this - we need more grunt on our side of the policy issues negotiating table

Cheers

Rosemary

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-NCUC on behalf of Alex Gakuru
Sent: Wed 11/10/2010 3:15 AM
To: NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: NPOC Q&A Document

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Kimberley Heitman <kheitman at kheitman.com> wrote:

> Red Cross does not need trademarks - its emblems are legally protected by
> other, better, international laws.

Will NPOC be invalided if new NCSG charter is approved?
(https://st.icann.org/ncsg-ec/index.cgi?ncsg_charter_board_issue_resolution)

2.2. Membership

a) vests primary unit of authority (including Council representation)
only via direct SG-wide voting.

2.2.1. Eligible organizations.

b) explicit requirement to be non-profit serving only non-profit
motives and activities

2.2.2. Ineligible organizations.

c) IPC interests are already being served elsewhere within ICANN

I submit that Board rushing with NPOC approval will then terribly
fragment NCSG, negating our recent years exponential membership base
growth and irreparably harm Non Commercial Interests on the internet,
worldwide.

regards,

Alex