Petition to form a new ICANN constituency

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Tue Nov 9 15:36:33 CET 2010

On 9 Nov 2010, at 05:18, Nuno Garcia wrote:

> Red Cross, for one. How can one distinguish Red Cross from, let us say, Vodafone? Probably the single point of distinction is that Red Cross does accept volunteer work (and Vodafone does not). And of course, the types of services they render (but this distinguishes all other organizations, right?). Yet, they only render services to the communities that are their target if and when someone funds these services.

I think that the distinction are far greater that that.

On sells a commercial service and is oriented to making profits for investors but charging customers fees and they provide a service based on an agreement with customers.

The other has a mission of helping people in disastrous situations and gets it work done by asking for donations and  provide a service based on dire need.

I have no problem telling the difference between them.

a.