COICA

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 20 06:18:11 CET 2010

they approved it yesterday,

"The US Senate Judiciary Committee has approved a controversial
bill<http://techdailydose.nationaljournal.com/2010/11/senate-judiciary-backs-online.php>that
would give the authorities dramatic new copyright enforcement powers
allowing it to take down entire domains “dedicated to online piracy” rather
than just targeting files that actually infringe copyright law."
http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/111910_Judiciary_Committee_Approves_Online_Copyright_Enforcement_Bill

see also;

"CADNA now encourages the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers (ICANN), the global organization that sets policy for the Internet's
naming and addressing system, to supplement the Senate's work by including
in its policies provisions that will similarly prevent infringement and
counterfeiting outside of the U.S.'s jurisdictional reach."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cadna-commends-chairman-leahy-and-the-senate-judiciary-committee-for-passing-the-combating-online-infringements-and-counterfeits-act-out-of-committee-109242769.html