Alex's comments on the charter - update

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Sun May 9 16:22:54 CEST 2010

Desiree Miloshevic wrote:

>> Sentence would become:
>>
>> It provides a voice and representation in ICANN processes to:
>> non-profit organizations that serve non-commercial interests;
>> nonprofit services such as education, philanthropies, consumer
>> protection, community organizing, promotion of the arts, public
>> interest policy advocacy, children's welfare, religion, scientific
>> research, and human rights; public interest software concerns;
>> families or individuals who register domain names for noncommercial
>> personal use; and Internet users who are primarily concerned with the
>> noncommercial, public interest aspects of domain name policy.
>>
> I do not see a particular reason for including religion.
>
> Anybody else?
>
> Desiree
Just in case: If somebody from http://www.dalailama.com or the like
would like to get involved in ICANN communications
discussion/participation, where should they go?

Norbert

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

National Holidays: Labor Day – Sunday - Royal Ploughing Ceremony
Saturday/Sunday/Monday, 1.-3.5.2010

http://wp.me/p2Gyf-1pT
(to read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day: