Alex's comments on the charter - update

Desiree Miloshevic dmiloshevic at AFILIAS.INFO
Mon May 10 01:06:55 CEST 2010

On 9 May 2010, at 15:22, Norbert Klein wrote:

> Desiree Miloshevic wrote:
>>>
>>> Sentence would become:
>>>
>>> It provides a voice and representation in ICANN processes to:
>>> non-profit organizations that serve non-commercial interests;
>>> nonprofit services such as education, philanthropies, consumer
>>> protection, community organizing, promotion of the arts, public
>>> interest policy advocacy, children's welfare, religion, scientific
>>> research, and human rights; public interest software concerns;
>>> families or individuals who register domain names for noncommercial
>>> personal use; and Internet users who are primarily concerned with
>>> the
>>> noncommercial, public interest aspects of domain name policy.
>>>
>> I do not see a particular reason for including religion.
>>
>> Anybody else?
>>
>> Desiree
> Just in case: If somebody from http://www.dalailama.com or the like
> would like to get involved in ICANN communications
> discussion/participation, where should they go?

Norbert

Thanks. You answered my question by raising another question.

Diversity of views and inclusiveness is good and while there is no
reason to limit
the sphere of participation of any potentially non-commercial
interested parties outright,
I wonder if if the NCSG would be better off by amending its charter
when a particular group
request or formation of a religious interest group comes up.

Desiree