WG on "vertical integration"

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Mar 21 06:07:35 CET 2010

A reminder that Monday is the last day to volunteer to be on the GNSO working group on vertical integration.
Here is the staff-created Wiki page which provides a central source for information about this activity.
https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi
The WG has me and Avri on it, but the size of this thing is swelling in the wake of the board resolution that cut the ground out from under the feet of virtually all the economic interest groups. (See my blog post for an explanation: http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/2010/3/19/4484595.html#comments )

Mostly we have registry and registrar interests, there along with the BC people.
It might be nice if additional NCSG-ers, with knowledge of how the domain name business works, were also to volunteer.

If you want to do so, you need to fill out a "Statement of Interest" form and express your interest to gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>

--MM