Local cost related to running a TLD

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Mar 18 04:31:19 CET 2010

Hi,

The issue is that when one complains about this cost, the reply is that the 185,000 fee is nothing when compared to the cost of running a registry. So when one responds that in developing areas, the cost of running a new registry, especially a small  one with a slow ramp up will be much lower, we are asked to prove it.  And to date have not had the figures to do so.

I..e when I make the argument that it cost less to do a proper regisrty in Cambodia or Kenya, I am just handwaving, because I do not have the financial facts.

a.