"to develop a sustainable approach to applicants in applying for and operating new gTLDs"

Nuno Garcia ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET
Sun Mar 21 22:18:13 CET 2010

Occam's razor: If it was a political issue, ICANN would have other tools to
implement it (such as, e.g., to define a particular set of rules and
requirements an applicant should have to fullfill).