Rod and the Big Brother of the Internet

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 21 14:42:37 CEST 2010

> In his opening speech here at the Icann Brussels meeting, Beckstrom stresses
> that the central role of Icann is the security and stability "of the
> Internet". Wow, I thought that it was just the name/addressing system.
>
> Megalomanous discourse summarizes his speech...

It is very concerning that many involved in management an governance
of ICANN still don't have a clear understanding about what ICANN role
and mandate is or worse they are trying to steer its role influenced
by special interests.

It seems that Rod wants to have the DNSCERT under his umbrella when it
is clearly out of the scope of ICANN and there is not much support and
agreement about the need and how to implement a DNSCERT.

Another issue to think about is to see if at some time will be
possible to disengage IANA from ICANN and assign the IANA role to
non-US centric and not ICANN controlled/staffed international
organization.

BTW, for those that had a chance to participate at the ATRT meetings,
what is the overall perception about the constituency of that group ?

Have fun over there, don't have much time to participate this time but
I'm keeping an eye on some issues.

Regards
Jorge