[council] FYI - New GNSO Constituency Notice of Intent - Not-for-Profit Organizations Constituency

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Thu Jun 17 19:31:34 CEST 2010

> While ICANN may eventually recognize Interest Groups

Isn't the silver lining here that this application may ultimately
serve to accelerate this process.

The issue was discussed at our ISOC-NY meet in Oct 09:
http://www.isoc-ny.org/?p=886 in which Milton and Beau both
participated.

I thought that consensus had, less or more, been reached in Seoul. I
don't recall there being much debate in Nairobi, though I could have
missed it.  That eventually was codified into now approved charter.

In such circumstances the manner of bomb dropping by one of the ICANN
appointed NCSG councillors is bound to cause a strong reaction.

Talk about not being on the same page!