Fwd: [council] Call for Applicants for a Position of Volunteer Review Team Member

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Wed Jun 2 10:26:49 CEST 2010

Hi

Time for us to do another round of filling RT slots.  Last time around there were several people participating in the discussion here who would be particularly well equipped to do the Security, Stability and Resiliency RT; I hope they will consider putting their names forward.  And WHOIS is presumably a topic that quite a few NCUC/SGers would be right for...

We have until 15 July to come up with one person for each RT (on the modalities of that, please see the message about the GNSO RT process I will forward next)..

Best,

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen at icann.org>
> Date: June 2, 2010 10:14:02 AM GMT+02:00
> To: Council GNSO <council at gnso.icann.org>
> Subject: [council] Call for Applicants for a Position of Volunteer Review Team Member
>

> Call for Applicants for a Position of Volunteer Review Team Member
> http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-01jun10-en.htm
>
> - Review Team 2: Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS -
> - Review Team 4: Whois Policy -

> The Affirmation of Commitments calls for a periodic review of four key ICANN objectives, namely:
>
>   1. Ensuring accountability, transparency and the interests of global Internet users;
>   2. Preserving security, stability and resiliency of the DNS;
>   3. Promoting competition, consumer trust and consumer choice;
>   4. Whois policy.
>
> Affirmation reviews are to be performed by Review Teams composed of volunteer community Members representing the relevant Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees of ICANN.
>
> A discussion paper on Affirmation Reviews Requirements and Implementation Processes [PDF, 617 KB] is available for full reference.
>
> ICANN now invites interested individuals to apply for a position of volunteer Review Team Member on the following Review Teams:
>
>    * Preserving security, stability and resiliency of the DNS;
>    * Whois policy.
>
> This call is solely intended for interested individuals who wish to apply in representation of a Supporting Organization (SO) or Advisory Committee (AC). Candidatures to serve as independent experts will not be considered.
>
> Please download the full text of this Call for Applicants [PDF, 73 KB], which contains further instructions and information on the application procedure for interested candidates.
>
> Applications will be accepted until 15 July 2010 at 23:59 UTC.
>
> SO/ACs' requirements are to be posted on the Affirmation Reviews web space very shortly.
>
> Glen de Saint Géry
> GNSO Secretariat
> gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
> http://gnso.icann.org